Leader in Training Program: July 2-5, 2024
You can sign up for our LIT Program through our registration page.
Our LIT program is a great opportunity for youth aged 13-18 to learn about local ecology and develop valuable leadership and life skills in a safe and fun summer camp community.
This program is a 4-day, 3-night commitment (July 2-5, 2024), with an opportunity to volunteer for at least one week during our regular day camp season (33-50 hours of community service hours). Our LITs will learn leadership skills, teamwork strategies, face new challenges and build confidence!
- Leadership training including camp health and safety and practice designing/leading camp activities
- Fun evening activities, such as movie nights, bonfire games, etc.
- Team-building activities
- Resume and cover letter workshop
- ORCKA Level 1 Canoe Training
- Emergency First Aid Certification
- Practice goal setting and decision-making skills
- Opportunities to earn volunteer hours towards their Ontario Secondary School Diploma!
Participants who successfully complete the program may be invited to return to volunteer at regular camp sessions! Volunteers are chosen based on their performance during the 4-day program. There is no camp cost for volunteers.
LIT Manual and Packing List – Coming Soon!